Muerte - Threadless T-shirts, Nude No More Urban Mint - Threadless T-shirts, Nude No More Sci-Fi - Threadless T-shirts, Nude No More Koi Koi - Threadless T-shirts, Nude No More

Thursday 12 May 2011

So, last month's ImagineFX challenge is over and I ended up on 4th place this time. The competition is just getting stronger and stronger which I love because it pushes me harder and harder to think out of the box.
This angel was my entry for last month, the topic was "Beyond The Darkness" and I decided to paint an angel that had to travel through darkness to reach the heaven. I was very happy with it at the time but now there is so many things I would have done differently. Also I tried something new out with the hair but it didn't seem to come across the way I wanted it to. Most people thought of it as unfinished, so I guess that was a fail from my part, but hey, you live and you learn :)

This months challenge brings a ton of new artists and is a great topic, "In a land far, far away". Yet again I've tried to push myself beyond my comfort zone and since I more or less never draw creatures, I thought it was time to cover some new ground.


So what happened was this little dude that I call the Herbiviger. He's living deep into the unexplored jungles in a land far far away, with his little family. Related to the tiger, although it only feed on vegetation and every now and then an insect or two. It is no larger than a domestic cat and brings its cubs up in a den under ground. They spend most of their time in the trees since that is where their food is. Although until the cubs are old enough at least one of the adults have to stay on the ground while the other collects food.

Here's the sketch...
...and this is how far I've come. The project is on a halt at the moment since I am overloaded with assignments due in the next coming week, but I hope to have finished before the end of may.
And that's that for now.
Over and out!

/Emz

No comments:

Post a Comment